This must have been the first Greek-Orthodox Church built in Acre during the Turkish ruling. The first note from the Ottoman era of the existence of the Greek-Orthodox in Acre in this time is the minister Roze, who visited the city in 1631, years later arrived in Acre the doctor Gabriel Bermond from France. Bermond notes that the 35th orthodox church that was built in 1666 named of Saint Nicolas was built by Faher El-Din and turned into the most beautiful of churches.
To coordinate a visit, please contact:
- Elias Saliman - 04-9910563
- Father Pialtaos - 04-9915029