Church Hadormitzion (roughly translated- the generation from Zion) is one of the most luxurious and extravagant churches in Israel. Located on the top of Mount Zion, very near to the southern wall of the ancient city of Jerusalem.
In 1898, during a visit of the German emperor, Wilhelm the second, in Jerusalem, the sultan Abad al-Hammed the second gave the emperor a special gift- the area for building the church. The German emperor himself was the first to lay the corner stone for the upcoming church- in a very impressive ceremony.
The church was christened 8 years later in 1906. In fact the church was built over the ruins of ancient churches dating back to the Byzantine period (324-638 AD) and the Crusader period (1099-1260 AD). The Mount Zion area is considered, in Christian tradition, one of the most crucial birthplaces of Christianity, So important to the Christian world.