Nahalat Shiv'a is a neighborhood in central Jerusalem, Israel. Nahalat Shiv'a was one of the first neighborhoods built outside the Old City of Jerusalem in the 1860s.
Today it is a crowded pedestrian promenade lined with sidewalk cafes. Nahalat Shiv'a was the third residential neighborhood built outside the ancient city walls. It was founded in 1869 as a cooperative effort by seven Jerusalem families who pooled their funds to purchase the land and build homes. Lots were cast and Yosef Rivlin won the right to build the first house in the neighborhood. In 1873, milk cows were imported from Amsterdam and a dairy was opened in Nahalat Shiv'a.
A carriage service to Jaffa Gate was inaugurated that summer. In the early eighties, due to public pressure and local awareness to historic site preservation, the preservation plan took effect. Reconstructing Nahalat Shiv'a. Warehouses and workshops were cleared, streets were re-paved and turned to promenades, building fronts were cleaned and renovated and the allies were cleaned and re-floored. Coffee shops, pubs, restaurants, night clubs and galleries opened. A unified sign posting were set to all businesses to reflect the surrounding essence. Nahalat Shiv'a nowadays is one of the hottest night spots in Jerusalem. Because of this you'll be able to find the finest restaurants, pubs, and night clubs in Jerusalem.