Hatachana was used between 1892 and 1948, as the only train station between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Between the years of 1948 and 2010, the place was neglected and therefore closed to visitors. In the year 2010, after a few years of restoration the place was reopened, but this time not as a train station. The place was restored to its original shape, and an entire area comprised of restaurants and cafes was opened nearby, as well as high-end shops and art galleries.
On Fridays there is both an organic marketplace and art marketplace open, as well. The area was restored in an amazing way and visiting is a must.