The German colony in Haifa was built by the German templar's in 1868. The German colony was the first example of urban design in Israel. The formation of the town was planned ahead, when in the middle of it, the main street was built (nowadays-Ben Gurion Blvd.) which stretches from north to south. In the north part is where the dock used be (nowadays- Dagon granaries).
On both sides of the street is where two narrow parallel street used to cross and vertical which crossed the main street. Nowadays, restaurant, coffee shops and bars are highly successful in the German colony as well as hotels, fashion stores and guest houses.