Due to the closeness of Jordan to the Eilat border, we offer breathtaking tours to the “Petra” region in Jordan. Petra, the world wonder, is without a doubt Jordan’s most valuable treasure and greatest tourist attraction. Petra is a unique city, carved into the sheer rock face by the Nabateans, who settled here more than 2000 years ago.
At 4:15 AM, you will be picked from your hotel in Jerusalem to Tel Aviv Sde Dov Airport. The Flight to Eilat from Tel Aviv departs at 06:40 AM.
The tour starts with a pick-up from Eilat airport at 7:40 AM. At 8:00 AM our representatives and the tour guide will meet you at the Southern Border (the Arava border), assisting with visa requisition and passage through the border. To save time with the crossing, we will send your passport details to the border a day in advance so on the day we should be able to go straight through. You'll be accompanied the whole time by our staff and your tour guide will meet you on the other side. The native tour guide will sort out the border crossing and after collecting your visas we'll be on the road to Petra.
The tour takes place on a minibus and therefore spaces are limited. This ensures a smooth visit which lasts around 4-5 hours. First thing you'll be given is a bottle of mineral water – got to stay hydrated! The two hour drive to Petra takes us through Aqaba and the nature reserve of Wadi Rum, while your tour guide briefs you on Jordan's intricate history and culture. There will be a stop-off at a magnificent viewpoint, showcasing the red desert views, the inspiration for Lawrence of Arabia. A second viewpoint overlooks Wadi Musa, a town which means 'the valley of Moses', and in the background you'll see the shrine to Moses' brother Aaron, believed to be his grave site.
We'll start by making our way to Siq Canyon, either by walking with the guide or hiring a horse for $5. The road takes us through the Silica Quarries, the Jinn Blocks, and then finally the Obelisk Tomb. Once at the Siq we'll see the stone damm that was built to shield the city from floods, with its impressive primitive draining channels. Inside the Siq an archway is visible – once the grand entrance to the ancient city. The plumbing runs all the way through the Siq, reminding us how advanced the inhabitants of Petra were for their time.
It's always amazing to see the ancient carvings in the rock, paying homage to the various deities worshipped in the city. The end of the canyon is marked by Petra's most famous structure, the Treasury (the Khazneh), the perfect spot for a photo break! From here the tour continues down the Street of Facades to the Nabataean Theater. The Royal Tombs are an impressive site, and after that we'll walk down the Colonnade Street to see the Great Temple, assuming there is time of course. Then we'll return to the Siq entrance for a well-deserved lunch at a local restaurant in Wadi Mussa. After a delicious lunch we'll make our way back to Eilat Airport for your flight back to Tel Aviv.
Flight back to Tel Aviv from Eilat at 08:55 PM.
After you arrive to Tel Aviv, you will be transferred to your hotel in Jerusalem.
* The original version of this trip leaves from the city of Eilat. Due to significant demand, we have decided to create a version of the trip that includes an early morning flight from Tel Aviv. We, at Yourway, take care to provide only the best service. When gathering in Eilat, our customers are the first to cross the border, before any other group, in order not to waste any valuable time in Petra. Therefore, customers arriving from Tel Aviv must account for flight delays, as the group will not be able to wait. In such cases, customers must pay for a taxi to drive them to the group.
* We recommend that all customers arriving from Jerusalem fly down to Eilat on the previous day and spend the night in Eilat in order to avoid such issues. For your convenience, we have created a version of this trip that includes a night in Eilat. Click here for additional information.
The tour includes:
- Pick-up and drop off in Jerusalem.
- Flight from Tel Aviv Sde-Dov Airport to Eilat Airport and back (Round-trip).
- Pick-up from Eilat Airport and transfer to Arava Border with our professional crew.
- Transfer back to Arava Border and Eilat Airport.
- Professional tour guide in English. (Other languages available for extra cost).
- Entrance fees.
- Lunch at a local restaurant in Petra.
The tour does not include :
- Visa to Jordan and border fees - US$62 per person (The payment will be made in cash at the border).
- Personal insurance - No Insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal.
- Health insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Soft drinks.
- Single traveler supplement is required.
- Visa to Jordan and border fees will be paid in cash only (payable in U.S dollars, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel).
- A valid passport is required on the day tour. We require nationality passport number, place & date of issue, birth date, and expiry date for reservation.
- Certain nationalities require advance issue of visas. For additional information, please read our FAQ page.
- Don't forget: Very warm clothing in winter, hat in summer, cool comfortable clothing, comfortable walking shoes.
- Lunch will be late, so please eat Breakfast before departure.
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.