This is the largest
Mosque in Jaffa which carries the name of the man whom established it the
governor of Jaffa Mohamed Abo Nabot. The mosque was built over an ancient mosque
and was rebuilt by Abo Nabot between 1812-1814.
the mosque went through many
renovations through out the years, at the top of its stair case is a marvelous
chair and ant the bottom an iron gate with gold inscriptions. The mosque
consists of a wide hall built of gravel covered by two domes.
At the western
wing is a reserved cell for leaders which can be locked and was used due to
many assassination attempts at that time. Today this mosque is the main mosque
of Jaffa and is used by all the Muslim residences.