Day 1: Jerash & Amman Tour
You will be picked up from a pre-arranged meeting point in either Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, and pass through the beautiful ancient Israeli city of Beat Shean before arriving at the border crossing. Once through you will be joined by a local tour guide, government licensed and fluent in English, who will accompany you on the 2 hour journey to the ruins of the ancient Roman city, Jerash.
The many great sites include Bab Amman, an arch dedicated to Emperor Hadrian upon his first visit to the city, and the Forum, surrounded by columns and supported by an underground wall. The Temple of Zeus houses a geometrically perfect set of stairs, while the South Theater would have accommodated around 4,000 people. The city's main 'high street' was the Street of Columns, connecting the North-to-South axis of the city. The tracks of many chariots carved in the stone can still be seen clearly.
Further highlights include the Baths, a staple of any ancient Roman city, the Nymphaeum, a fountain Temple dedicated to the water Nymphs, and a host of early Christian sites. After Jerash,we will drive to Amman, a metropolis in the center of Jordan, the capital of the Hashemite Kingdom and the largest city in the country. After a short tour in Amman you will transfer to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Back to top
Day 2: Petra Tour
Following a hotel breakfast, you will leave the hotel and travel south to your full-day tour of Petra – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Also known as the "Red Rose City", Petra was originally inhabited by the Nabateans. Entering the city through the "Siq", you will encounter the Treasury (Al Khazneh), one of Jordan's most unique monuments. Other highlights include the theatre, tombs, facades and streets lined with columns.
After a final stop at Nabatean's Tent, you'll head back into the city for a spot of shopping at the bustling Bedouin bazaars. A delicious buffet lunch will be served before making your way to Wadi Musa where you will stay the second night.
Back to top
Day 3: Madaba and Mt Nebo Tour
The next morning we'll leave the hotel and set off on the road to Madaba, which contains some fascinating Byzantine and Umayyad mosaics, including a particularly famous mosaic depicting a 6th century map of Jerusalem and the surrounding lands. Around 2 million colourful stone fragments form a vivid picture of the Holy land which includes the mountainous landscapes, many settlements and cities, and even extends down to the Nile Delta.
From here we move on to Mt Nebo, from where it is believed that Moses looked out onto the Promised Land for the first and only time before his death. Here the group will visit a Byzantine Church notable for its mosaic floors.
Next we'll be off to a breath-taking viewpoint that encompasses the Jordan Valley, Jericho, and the Dead Sea.That evening you will cross the border and return to your hotel in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.
The tour includes:
- Transfer from your hotel in Jerusalem / Tel Aviv to "Sheih Hussein" border with our team of professional assistant.
- Transfer back to your hotel in Jerusalem / Tel Aviv.
- Transported in newest models of air-conditioned cars / vans / buses.
- All entrance fees to the venues according to the itinerary.
- Horse ride in Petra.
- Two nights in Jordan on a Bed & Breakfast basis. Click here for Hotel Class & Prices.
- Local, government licensed, English speaking guides in Petra, Amman, Jerash, Mount Nebo, Madaba.
The tour does not includes:
- Visa Fees (JD 40 = USD 60 )
- Israeli Departure tax (NIS100 = USD 28)
- Jordan Departure tax (10 JD = USD 15)
- Shuttle bus service between borders (NIS10 = USD 3).
- Lunch, dinner.
- All types of insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Single supplement is required according to Hotel Class & Prices.
- Visa / Tax / Border fees and tips will be paid in cash only (payable in U.S dollars, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel).
- A valid passport is required on the day tour. We require nationality passport number, place & date of issue, birth date, and expiry date for reservation.
- Certain nationalities require advance issue of visas. Click here for more information about Visa to Jordan.
- Border passing includes border control and customs. This process may take up to an hour, so your patience is required and appreciated.
- Don't forget: Very warm clothing in winter, hat in summer, cool comfortable clothing, comfortable walking shoes.
- No food or drink (water included) is allowed across into Jordan.
- Lunch will be late, so please eat breakfast before departure.
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.