Jerusalem is the Israeli state capital and is the biggest city in Israel. Jerusalem is a holy city to all three religions; Judaism, Christianity and Islam and this is due to its 5000 year history of stories and legacies. Jerusalem's main history revolved around the old city, the same preserved site dating thousands of years back, documents the life it used to be. In the city, you will find four quarters: Jewish, Christian, Muslim and Armenian.
This one day tour starts with a view of Jerusalem as seen from atop Mount Olives, looking down at the Old City and the Temple Mount. Mount Olives is also one of the oldest Jewish burial sites, over three hundred years old. We then descend and make our way along the Kidron Valley, offering a view of the Garden of Gethsemane and the Church of All Nations, where according to sources Jesus and his followers prayed the night before his crucifixion. Along the Kidron Valley road we will get a view of the monumental burial tombs situated at the Mount’s feet.
We then proceed into the Old City entering from Mount Zion, past the Armenian Quarter walking along the ancient Byzantine Cardo dating back to the Roman era, with our final stop being the Western Wall (the Kotel). Leading to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre are the Stations of the Cross (Via Dolorosa) which we explore along the way to the church, the site of the crucifixion.
Before leaving the Old City we’ll enjoy a brief strolls in the bazaars located in the Christian and Muslim Quarters. Finish the tour with a short walking into the New City and a visit to Yad VaShem, the Holocaust museum.
The tour includes
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service.
- Professional tour guide in your language.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle/bus.
- Entrance fees.
The tour does not include:
- On Saturdays and Jewish holidays, instead of Yad Vashem (closed during weekends and holidays) we will visit Yemin Moshe, the first neighborhood built outside the city walls. Continue to Mishkenot Sha'ananim and view the Montifiore windmill.
- A moderate dress code is required to enter the holy places. Knees and shoulder must be covered.
- Business class - small groups in luxury van / minibus. (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.