Jerusalem is the Israeli state capital and is the biggest city in Israel. Jerusalem is a holy city to all three religions; Judaism, Christianity and Islam and this is due to its 5000 year history of stories and legacies. Bethlehem is the birthplace of King David, meaning City of Bread as a result of the wheat crop that grew in the region. According to Christian tradition, Jesus was born there.
We’ll start with an overview of
new and old Jerusalem as seen from Mount Olives, including the Temple Mount
Esplanade.We then descend the Mount,
driving along the Kidron Valley to view the Garden of Gethsemane and the walls
of the city. We then head in to
Jerusalem, strolling through the Armenian Quarter and heading to the Western
(Wailing) Wall square.
Walking through the local bazaar we make our next stop
the Stations of the Cross (Via Dolorosa), in the Christian Quarter. We follow
the very path Jesus took as he walked to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre to
his crucifixion. Making way through the quarters we walk the 1700 year old
Byzantine road, the Cardo whilst heading for the renovated Jewish Quarter. Our last stop in Jerusalem will be King David’s Tomb and the Hall of the Last Supper, all in the same structure which we ascent to via Mount Zion.
While on site we will also tour the 500 year old city ramparts. We then leave Jerusalem, driving
towards its neighbouring city of Bethlehem and visit the Manger Square, where
the Church of Nativity is located. We then tour Bethlehem’s various sites
including the Grotto of Nativity and the Catholic Church of St. Catherine.The tour ends with an overlook
over the Shepherd’s Fields as we make our way back to the rendezvous point.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service.
- Professional tour guide in your language.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle/bus.
- Entrance fees.
The tour does not include:
- A moderate dress code is required to enter the holy places. Knees and shoulder must be covered.
- A valid passport is required on the day tour.
- This tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations.
- Palestinian guide meets the tour only at border post.
- Change of vehicle may be required for entry to Palestinian Authority territory.
- Business class - small groups in luxury van / minibus. (optional)
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.