The great synagogue of Tel Aviv, which is located in crossing of Alenbi and Ehad Ha am streets, used to represent the heart of little Tel Aviv. Due to budget and architectural problems the synagogue was only inaugurated in 1928 as of the early 60's, the residents of little Tel Aviv started abandoning the region and the synagogue area became a clear center for business and finance.
In 1969 an extensive renovation was performed on the temple. With an attempt to bring the temple to this era, concrete arcs were built around each structure. Nowadays the great synagogue is visited by few people, mainly on Saturdays and holidays.