The Church of the Annunciation is located in the city of Nazareth, is
one of the largest on fanciest of the churches of Israel, and one of the most secrete
churches for Christians around the world. In this place according to the Christian
tradition, Gabriel the angel told Merriam about the birth of Jesus. The Church
of the Annunciation was first built during the byzantine period (324-638 BC).
On this structure the crusaders built, in the beginning of the 12th century,
a big and fancy church that has become in fact a cathedral and later became the
bishop's place of residents. The Church of the Annunciation first was destroyed
by The Mamalucian Sultan Baybars in the year 1263.
In the year 1730 the Church
of the Annunciation first was rebuilt with permission by the Bedouin ruler of
the Galil region Dahar El Omar. This church was renovated and expanded again in
the year 1877. In the year 1955 it was decided to demolish the Church of the Annunciation
first completely and in its place build a new church.
The construction plans
were lead by the renowned Italian architect Antonio Berluchi. In the year 1954
a church corner stone was laid to build the church however 4 years later, in
the year 1958, due to internal considerations, the project was handed to
another Italian architect ' Jovani Motzio, the construction of the church was
finally completed in the year 1969.