Bethlehem is the birthplace of King David, meaning City of Bread as a result of the wheat crop that grew in the region. According to Christian tradition, Jesus was born there.
We’ll start our tour, leaving Jerusalem for its neighboring city Bethlehem, hometown of King David and birthplace of Jesus. Our first stop will be Manger Square, home to one of the world’s oldest churches, The Church of the Nativity. Below the Church, we find the grotto and the exact location of Jesus’s birth.
We continue to visit the adjacent church of St. Catherine, and head on down to the Milk Grotto where Mary nursed Jesus as a newborn. Before leaving Bethlehem, we’ll also get a view of the Shepherd’s Fields and the church on site.
* You will return to Tel Aviv or to Ben Gurion Airport at 1:30 PM.
- End the tour in the old city of Jerusalem at 1:00 PM. Click here for more information and booking.
The tour Includes:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Professional tour guide in your language.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle/bus.
- Transport back to Tel Aviv / Airport.
The tour does not include:
- A valid passport is required on the day tour.
- A moderate dress code is required to enter the holy places. Knees and shoulder must be covered.
- This tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations.
- Palestinian tour guide meets the tour only at border post.
- Change of a vehicle may be required for entry to Palestinian Authority territory.
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.