Bethlehem is the birthplace of King David, meaning City of Bread as a result of the wheat crop that grew in the region. According to Christian tradition, Jesus was born there.
We’ll start our tour, leaving Jerusalem for its neighboring city Bethlehem, hometown of King David and birthplace of Jesus. Our first stop will be Manger Square, home to one of the world’s oldest churches, The Church of the Nativity. Below the Church we find the grotto and the exact location of Jesus’s birth.
We continue to visit the adjacent Church of St. Catherine, and head on down to the Milk Grotto where Mary nursed Jesus as a newborn. Before leaving Bethlehem we’ll also get a view of the Shepherd’s Fields and the church on site.
Tour ends at 13:00 at David Citadel Hotel, Jerusalem.
Transfer back Tel Aviv at 1:30 PM. Click here
for more information.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick-up.
- Professional tour guide in your language.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle/bus.
- Entrance fees.
The tour does not include:
- Hotel drop-off.
- Food and drink.
- Passports and modest dress (covered shoulders, no shorts) are required.
- This tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations.
- Palestinian guide meets tour only at border post.
- Change of vehicle may be required for entry to Palestinian Authority territory.
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.